Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it's true, I am a Halloween baby. Go ahead, just try to come up with a joke that I haven't heard in 45 years (yikes, I'm 45!?).

Since I was too lazy to dig out vintage Halloween costumes this year, I'm settling for a birthday card for today's post.

I think this is from the 1970s, it is a Hallmark card, stock number 50B 71-4. It has a 'Productions' copyright, so can't be any later than 1986. Cool thing about this card is that it is a popup. The tea party table pops out at you when you open the card. How cool is that?

Sorry for my lack of posts this past week, it has been review time at work, and I hate writing reviews. But I have some posts already planned for next week, and I bought myself a large format scanner (finally!), so stay tuned for some cool items that wouldn't fit on my regular scanner!

3 comments:

ljkc said...

A very merry BIRTHDAY to you!

xo

Matt said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings! I like the White Rabbit you have on your ABOUT page, did that come from FC341? Comic book with bright red cover, 'Unbirthday Party'?

Hayley said...

Ahh, the joys of a fine scanner. Many happy years of archiving the collection await us. (Or you, at least.)

I was looking at the Amazon gadget at the bottom of the page, and we totally need to get a copy of "Mickey Mouse, Hitler, And Nazi Germany"! Except not one for $999. I mean, I love a book as much as any other English major, but geez...