Friday, January 4, 2013

1951 Studio Letterhead - Redux

Way back in 2008, in the 23rd post on this blog, I showed a piece of Walt Disney Productions studio letterhead for the original 1951 release of Alice in Wonderland.  What I didn't know at that time, or in reality didn't notice 'cause sometimes I miss little details like this (shiny!), is that there are TWO variations of this letterhead.  Whoa. (cue Keanu Reeves).

The first is the same as originally posted, a Disney studio letterhead, with the beautifully rendered art on Strathmore Bond with the studio address at the bottom.
What I didn't realize at the time (even though I had an example of it as a piece of correspondence), is that there is also an RKO version of the letterhead, with the same art, on Blackstone Bond with the RKO headquarters address in Cleveland, OH across the bottom.
I only recently noticed this as I came across the above blank sheet, and was no longer distracted by the contents of the correspondence in my pre-existing example (that will show up in a future post).  Will wonders never cease?

For those of you who'd like a piece of this blank RKO letterhead, you can find one in the Wonderland Bazaar.

No comments: