Thursday, August 21, 2014

Disneyland Alice in Wonderland Gloves by Wells Lamont

I know when I was a kid the only souvenirs I wanted when I went to Disneyland were gloves.  Nothing like gloves in bright and sunny southern California.
These gloves are particularly cool as they have a very nice illustration of Alice on each one.  Made by Wells Lamont of Chicago, I do imagine that for those kids visiting from colder climes these would indeed be a cool souvenir to take back home with you.
This particular example is very nice in that it has its original tag with price (49¢).  Wells Lamont held a license for gloves for 11 years (1958-1968), so it would be pretty tough to nail down exactly from when these come, but the style of the Disney copyright says late 1950s to early 1960s to me.

No comments: