Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Big Screen Scene Showguide - December 1969

This small magazine from England was the very first item I found that mentioned the 1969 re-release in Britain. Up until that time I had no knowledge of that release whatsoever, and even today I have very little info about it. I am only aware of a 1969 release in Britain, but it may have been released elsewhere prior to the US re-release in 1974. If anyone has info on that, I'd love to see it.

Magazine itself is fairly standard film review fare, although surprisingly positive about Alice given that it is English. In 1951 the Brits were not so kind to my favorite Disney film. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess.

Interesting to see that it was another Christmas release for Alice; in 1951 Alice was released at Christmastime throughout most of Europe (England being the exception).

Also interesting to note is the fact that the reviewer draws attention to Sterling Holloway (Cheshire Cat) and J. Pat O'Malley (Walrus, Carpenter, Tweedles) voicing characters in Jungle Book, the most recent Disney feature released at that time.

No comments: