Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mindy Carson with Three Beaus and a Peep (no kidding) on RCA

This will be my last audio post for a while, but this one is one of my favorites. Mindy Carson was a pop artist in the 1940s and 1950s, who had some hits prior to - and after - these covers of Alice songs. Her career did not extend much beyond this, but these covers are quite fun. You can read more about Mindy Carson on her Wikipedia page.



These particular recordings came from a promotional copy of the disc, probably used in a radio station.




A Side is I'm Late


B Side is Twas Brillig (my all-time favorite cover of an Alice song).


There is a compilation CD available of her greatest hits (including these two songs), grab it on Amazon from the link below.

1 comment:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Another fantastic Audio post, thanks so much, I love these!