Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cuernavaca Alice Head Vase

Our neighbors to the south produced a slew of Disney figures over the years; some original pieces like the very cool set of wall heads (for lack of a better word), some taken from figures or molds from American Pottery or Shaw, like the MCP figures. But I had never come across an Alice item until I found this.

I was completely blown away when I saw this. A Cuernavaca Alice item, and not just any old rehashed figure, but a take on the Enesco head vase no less. Her styling is a little odd, and the greenish hue of the dress is weird too, but I like the flowers in her hair quite a bit. Figure has not only a stamped Disney copyright, but also a paper label from Cuernavaca.

In comparison to the Enesco vase, it is a little larger, a lot greener, and her teacup is not hollowed out. A very cool piece.

1 comment:

PancerBali said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali *ghjklkj