Monday, April 21, 2014

Kent Feedsack - Merit Chicken Feed Advertisement - October 1951

This is awesome, the only one I've ever seen, and I don't even know from which publication it came.  It is an ad for chicken feed featuring the Alice in Wonderland feedsack promotion.
This ad came out of a fantastic scrapbook I purchased about 10 years ago that belonged to a little boy in Texas.  This kid was just like me - totally obsessed with Disney's Alice.  The entire scrapbook is filled with all things Alice from when the movie came out, and this filled an entire page.

Based on the date on the bottom of the page it must be some sort of monthly  publication, and it is oversized, page size is about 11x14, and this is page 55.  It is newsprint rather than glossy, and it has browned considerably; the scan above has been heavily photoshopped by me.  If anyone has any idea from which publication this came, I will be in your debt.

UPDATE:  I now know that this is from a publication called The Farmer Stockman.  Let the search begin!

No comments: