Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bill Hayes Sings 'Twas Brillig (?!)

Ok, so I just hooked up my new toy, a USB turntable! Now I can finally record all those 78s I have and save them for posterity - or at least make CDs for myself and put them on my iPhone :). To try it out I recorded a track from Bill Hayes sings the best of Disney, Vol. 2.

Bill Hayes is probably most famous in the wonderful world of Disney for his recording of the Davy Crockett theme song. After that HUGE smash hit, the dollar signs started rolling, so they figured they'd have him record a bunch of other Disney tunes. This collection features songs from Alice, So Dear to My Heart, Song of the South and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The track they chose from Alice is 'Twas Brillig. Why on earth they would have chosen that track is beyond me, but they did. Take a listen for yourself. Oh, and if you go back to previous posts here and here, you can listen to those tracks too.

2 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

SUPER! That came out great. I've been seeing those USB turntables in ads, which one did you get? Thanks for sharing!

Matt said...

I got the Starlogic one, I'm pretty happy with it. It is certainly not high-end electronics, but it gets the job done, and it supports 78rpm, which was my primary selection criteria.