Monday, January 18, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Viewmarx by Marx

What a cool toy this is, and how surprising that they made an Alice! This is called a Viewmarx, it is basically a slide viewer toy, sorta like a viewmaster, but not in 3-D. This is the only one I've ever seen in its original box.

The toy itself is made to look like the White Rabbit's house, which is pretty cool by itself.

The toy is simple to operate, even more simple if you look on the back of the box...

and the bottom...

I managed to get my camera to focus on a couple of the slides through the viewport (not an easy task I might add).

There are a total of 8 slides, and they have all gone very VERY red. This is the best I could do to adjust the color.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

That's a neat item! I've tried taking photos through other viewer viewfinders, with no success - so you did a good job.