Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mickey Mouse Candy and Toy Box - Alice and Mad Hatter

I wish I knew more about this. It appears to be a box that held some sort of chocolate candy and a toy, kinda like Cracker Jack I imagine. I've seen several different boxes and Dan over at a sampler of things has a bunch pictured on his Tick Tock Toys site. This one is the Alice box with art of Alice on one side

and the Mad Hatter on the other side. I don't know what the toy was, whether or not it was themed to the character on the box (I doubt it), but it was probably just some sort of generic toy. Maybe Patrick or Dan know more about what these contained.


UPDATE:  I have recently been made aware of the numbering system of this Candy and Toy series.  If you look at the image of the Alice side of the box, you'll see on the bottom side flap the number 13.  That is the number of the Alice box.  Hake's recently sold a lot of 11 of these boxes from the TOMART archive, and the numbering was described in the auction description.

No comments: