Friday, August 13, 2010

Marx Mad Hatter Snap-Eeze

Quite possibly the most bizarre of the Marx figures is this Snap-Eeze. What the hell are you supposed to do with this? It is basically a flat jointed figure with a stand up base. Only the feet are dimensional, every other piece is essentially 2D. Weird. And of course they made several including two Alice characters, this Mad Hatter and one other to be shown later.

I have come across an oddity over the years, what looks like a Snap-Eeze but with either no paint or worn off paint. I have a feeling it is not just worn off as there are literally no traces of paint on any of the pieces whatsoever, and that would be difficult without determination or solvent.

1 comment:

TokyoMagic! said...

My brother and I had a couple of these! His was Goofy (I have that one now and yes, some of the paint is worn off.) I think mine was Pluto, but that one disappeared many years ago. We got them at the Anaheim Convention Center when "Disney On Parade" was performing there in 1969!