Monday, November 15, 2010

Unknown Maker String Holder - Alice #401

Taking a break from the live action reference photos, we now begin a series on something I never knew existed until 2 weeks ago.  A series of string holders, apparently from the 1950s, made of what is typically called chalkware, but in reality is more of a bisque fired pottery or whiteware.
Alice here is first in the series, with her WDP copyright and item number 401.  I do not have a maker on these yet, I have not been able to find an appropriate maker in the TOMART index and these do not appear in either the campaign book or the CMD catalog.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm sure it looks great when she has a piece of string sticking out of the corner of her mouth! Like she's eating spaghetti. I've seen Hake's auctions sell some of these character string holders for big bucks!

Matt said...

@major - yup, you said it, and these are no exception. check this out

Major Pepperidge said...

Yowza!

orca said...

Please don't stop the ref photos! I have been looking for these for a long time, and you have a great collections.