Thursday, January 20, 2011

Parfait Soap Sets

Some of the scariest things I've ever seen are these two soap sets by Parfait.  The two sets are Alice and the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter and March Hare.
Each set comes with a soap figure, and a small bag of bubble bath in an illustrated clear plastic box.  The box design is identical for both sets, with just the character names differing.
The soap sets are listed in the Character Merchandise Division catalog for 1951, along with the White Rabbit sachet and a similar set of soap figures for Cinderella.

4 comments:

Magic Emperor said...

I tried to think of a soap pun, but, frankly, these festered Alice characters in jars terrified me beyond the capacity for rational thought.

You're a brave man, Matt! A brave man, indeed!

Matt said...

@magic emperor - ew, festering characters in jars?!? I'll never look at them the same again! ;)

Major Pepperidge said...

Those soaps are such odd shapes that I can't imagine anybody actually using them. I used my Snoopy soap when I was a kid and his head came off after about five uses. I still cry myself to sleep every night.

Unknown said...

I have several of these still! The mad hatter and the march hare set, gus and jaq and alice and the white rabbit. :)