Saturday, December 22, 2012

David Hall Story Art Stills - A Mad Tea Party

From here on out the numbering of the stills changes, I'm not sure why.  Also from here on out, all the stills are watercolors.  First up is Alice arriving at the Mad Tea Party, labeled 'I'.  Once again, this is not reproduced in the David Hall book, I'd love to see it in color.  I love all the hats in the tree above the table.
The next is a detail, labeled 'I A', where we see Alice looking intently at the table set for tea for what appears to be hundreds of guests, with the table stretching out into the distance.
And finally, in another detail, labeled 'I B', we see the Mad Hatter and the March Hare speaking and gesticulating wildly apparently at an animated teapot pouring tea.  Notice the upside-down candle above the table?

No comments: